Saturday, January 06, 2007

Stephen Kings Letter to Ebay

Dear Ebay,

This is my 3rd and final attempt to be civil in regards to the heinous crime you are perpetrating upon me. This is my final request that you stop this blatant form of Copyright infringement. As I am sure you are aware, I published a book call IT© in September of 1985, which was followed by my copyrighting of the word “it©”. IT© was on New York Times bestseller list so this stance of “I don’t know what you are talking about” and “Don’t be stupid you cant copyright the word “it©”” is nothing but a child’s attempt to deflect blame for this situation. Clearly someone in your intellectual property department failed to check for patents before green lighting this hideous excuse for an advertising campaign.

As you are undoubtedly aware that I am the destroyer of worlds when I pen a novel, soon I will start to pen a court case against you that will be the ultimate demise of EBay. I have contacted several reputable attorneys to help with this case against you. So in one last attempt I insist that you Halt, Cease, and Desist this blasphemous campaign upon me and the King estate. I am seeking damages in the area of 1.2 billion dollars; however this is a negotiable sum if the peon responsible for unspeakable crime is offered as a sacrifice as well as a sizable dollar amount is agreed upon, to bring for some kind of closure to this case.

Sincerely,
Stephen King Esq.


CC: US Supreme Court

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

No freakin' way!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines