Friday, April 13, 2007

Nappy headed hoes and you: what you need to know!

I've been dwelling over this Don Imus incident for some time now and the more I think about it, the more I believe that Don Imus is totally in the right. Read me out.... First off, Imus was wrong for calling the entire team hoes; surely at least one of those girls isn't loose, easy, or a powerblower. That was definitely a mistake, but it was a simple linguistic error, which happens all the time in broadcasting. And then again, you only need the team to be made up of just over half hoes in order to refer to the majority of team by that term, which would be a correct statement to make. Maybe Don knew some things, but I guess I'll give the team the benefit of the doubt.
Now, I know what you're thinking. "Dave.." as you exhale your lungs completely in one word in that way that annoys me so much, "This is a racial thing. He called them nappy headed!" as you gesture towards your head as if I've never heard of a head. NO! I say! This is not a race issue, like some would like you to believe. Which term is a racial slur: nappy headed or ho? The answer is neither. A ho is a ho, whether black, white, or half japanese/half white (which is my favorite kind). And to have a nappy head is to have nappy hair which is to half rough or coarse and tangled hair which is to have a bad haircut. Granted, to call someone a nappy headed ho is typically done in a racist fashion but the term is not restricted to black people. For instance, I called my roommate a nappy headed ho and he just smiled and laughed. This all brings me to my ultimate point: the only people who should determine what racial slurs are should be the ones who say them. For instance if I called Al Sharpton a blacky, it would be a racist slur because I intended to be. This is not for Al Sharpton to decide. Also, while we're chatting about Al, I think it's very hypocritical to threaten to boycott everything affiliated with Imus' network unless he's fired and then turn around to say, "We don't come here to bring Imus down but to bring goodness up." So in closing, nappy headed ho isn't a racial slur unless you want it to be. You said it, own up to it. Be the best racist you can Don! Show those nappy headed hos (all the white people with untreated hair who don't believe in you and are easy) what you're all about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reyn Lee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines